You’re ready to move, you’ve found a new house and now need to sell your property fast? One of the fastest paths you can choose is to sell your house without an agent. Although, agents are wonderful resources and often vital in the selling process it is possible to sell your home without an agent.
This isn’t the most common path to take, however it can very well be the best choice for you and your property.
There are few steps that will need to be taken to being the process.
- Determine a price you want for your home; During this step it is very important to be realistic in regards to what your home is actually worth. You want to evaluate your home as if you were going to sell it that very day with no clean up, and no repairs.
- Know the ‘For Sale By Owner’ process; If you decide selling your home without an agent is best for you, it’s important to be prepared for all of the questions that will be asked. When there is an agent involved they often times answer majority of the questions that come in from potential buyers, etc. However, if you are going to sell by owner that means you will be asked these questions directly. The more you know about your home the better, in terms of last upgrades, repairs, issues, etc.
- Research a trusted cash buyer; A little research can never hurt any situation, because you want to make sure you are going to buy from someone that has a proven track record of following through with purchases.
When selling to a cash buyer or selling your home directly it is important to know what steps are going to be taken so you know the process is a little different but normal!
Here are some steps a cash buyer or someone you sell your home to directly may ask for:
- Your home loan balance-> this helps to determine if there are other options that may suit you better such as a short sale, seller financing, etc.
- A “Virtual” tour of your home in the initial conversation to get a first impression of the home and know what repairs we are walking into
- A walk through tour and/or many photos of the interior and exterior of the home.
- On the purchase contract – an inspection period to do due diligence on the home (usually around 10 days)
If any of the above steps are taken, do not get worried these are necessary steps. You must remember that even though a cash buyer is “quick and as-is” it’s an important step in all home purchases to know exactly what you are buying.
If you were wondering the exact step by step process to selling your home without an agent, unfortunately there isn’t one. Each transaction and sale is unique from the next. It is important to be flexible, open minded, and know what you want. If you are able to have these three qualities then selling your home without an agent will be a breeze.
Learn more about our process by visiting: https://simplifiedproperties.com/how-to-sell-by-owner/